Bro. James C. Russell, was born in Mecklenburg County, Virginia, the third eldest son of the late Sidney S. Russell and the late Mary Eliza P. Russell. I have 4 sisters, and 3 brothers. Married to Sister Gwendolyn H. Russell and we have three children, James C. Russell, II, Adrian A. Russell and Andrea A. Russell.
Graduate of North Carolina A & T State University in Greensboro, North Carolina 1978, Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Arts Education.
Professional Employment Experiences:
Thirty Three years with the Department of Human Services at the North Carolina Rehabilitation Center For The Blind, Raleigh, North Carolina as a vocational Teacher.
Active Member and Past Master of Newberry Lodge No. 252 Creedmoor, North Carolina. Served as Worshipful Master 1988- 1990. Served as Secretary for a period of 10 years. Received Meritorious Service Award, Outstanding Chief Instructor Award, Distinguished Service Award, and Outstanding Service Awards.
Member of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of North Carolina. Past District Deputy Grand Master – 23rd Masonic District. Past Special Deputy Grand Master – Piedmont Region.
Member of the Stars of Ruth No. 645 Order of the Eastern Star, PHA, Creedmoor, North Carolina. Served as Worthy Patron, for a period of 10 years. Presently serving OES District 23 as Worthy Patron At Large, and as OES District 23 Administrative Council Secretary.
Member of Henderson Consistory No. 195, Henderson, North Carolina
Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Masonry, Southern Jurisdiction, TN Henderson,
Past Commander-in-Chief, Presently serving as Keeper of Seals and Archives
Member of Henderson Chapter Commanders of the Rite, Henderson, North Carolina
Past President Past Secretary-
Member of Imran Temple No. 168 Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of he Mystic Shrine of North And South America and Jurisdiction, Inc.
Honorary Past Potentate – Served as Recorder for a period of ten (10) years.
- Member of the Town of Butner Board of Adjustments – serving as Chairman of the Committee:
- Board Member of the Central Children Home, Oxford North Carolina
- Member of the South Granville Memorial Gardens committee serving Southern Granville County
- Former Charter Member of the Butner Lions Club, District 31-G, Butner, North Carolina, served as1st Vice President, President and Treasurer.
- Past Member of the Learn and Earn Investment Club of Creedmoor, Creedmoor, North Carolina, served as club agent.
- Member of Riverside Sportsman club of Oxford, North Carolina.