MOST WORSHIPFUL GRAND MASTER DANIEL L. “DT” THOMPSON
Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, 1990 Master’s Degree in Homeland Security, 2015
- Savannah Lodge No. 407
- Cumberland Chapter No. 70, Holy Royal Arch Masons
- Bayard-Titus-Johnson No. 2, Royal and Select Masters
- Pilgrim Rest Commandery No. 11, Knights Templar Tarheel
- Priory No. 10 Knights York Cross of Honour
- E.J. Morine Consistory No. 13, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite
- Kindah Temple No. 62, A.E.A.O.N.M.S.
- Electa Chapter No. 627, Order of the Eastern Star
- Most Excellent Grand High Priest, NCGRHRAMNC (2003-2006 and 2007-2009)
- Right Grand Thrice Illustrious Master, PHGCRSMNC (2009-2011)
- Right Eminent Grand Commander, Tarheel Grand Commandery (2011-2013)
- Right Worshipful Junior Grand Warden, MWPHGLNC (2011-2016)
- Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master, MWPHGLNC (2016-2018)
- Eminent Prior, Tarheel Priory No. 10, (2013-2014)
- Jurisdictional Deputy for North Carolina, Grand Convent, KYCH (2014 – PRESENT)
- Jurisdictional Deputy the General Conference of Grand Councils Royal and Select Masters
- PHA, U.S.A. and the Bahamas Inc. (2016-2018)
- Imperial Deputy Director, Legion of Honor, A.E.A.O.N.M.S. (2012 – 2018)
- Illustrious Deputy for the Orient, E.J. Morine Council of Deliberation (2018 – PRESENT)
- Grand Knight Advisor, Tucker-Coffee Grand Court, Princesses York Cross of Honour, of the Convent General, Knights York Cross of Honour, United States of America, Inc., Prince Hall Affiliation (2017- PRESENT)
Daniel L. Thompson, the son of Mrs. Jean V. Weathers of Columbia, SC and the late Daniel Thompson, is a 1990 Distinguished Military Graduate, Cum Laude, of South Carolina State College (now University), Orangeburg, SC.
Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Thompson retired from the United States Army on 31 December 2013. He served as an Intelligence Officer for Army and Joint Service Commands for commanders from the Battalion level to the 4-Star General level and commanded at the Company and Battalion level. He graduated and completed the Military Intelligence Officers Basic and Advance Courses; the Military Intelligence Electronic Warfare and Signals Intelligence School; The Command and General Staff College; the Army Force Management
School; the Joint Forces Staff College; the U.S. Army Airborne School and the U.S. Army Jumpmaster School.
LTC (R) Thompson’s military awards included the Legion of Honor Medal; the Meritorious Service Medal (4); Army Commendation Medal (7), Humanitarian Service Medal, War on Terrorism Medal, Overseas Medal (Numeral 2) and the Senior Parachutist Badge. In 2010, he was the recipient of the Military Intelligence Associations Knowlton Award.
Daniel’s fraternal affiliations and service are numerous. He is a member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, INC. He is the first Prince Hall Mason in the Jurisdiction of North Carolina elected and installed as Most Worshipful Grand Master, Most Excellent Grand High Priest, Right Grand Thrice Illustrious Master and Right Eminent Grand Commander.
Daniel’s personal motto is “My Brother’s Keeper.” On 23 January 2014, Governor Steven L. Beshear of Kentucky commissioned Daniel a Kentucky Colonel. In March of 2015, Daniel was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the Central Children’s Home of North Carolina, INC. His hobbies include writing, researching history and listening to music. He is a member of First Baptist Church, 302 Moore Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina.