The Web team is committed to ensuring User Experience (UX) on The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge NC website provides visitors the most enjoyable experience possible while navigating. We like to look at the site as a “living site”, as the content will constantly change to meet the needs and mission of our Grand Lodge and members.
Understandably, there will be instances where you, the user may find a flaw or receive error messages. Please be sure to complete the form below to help us to stay informed and respond to these matters immediately. Please don’t hesitate to send your ideas of things you think may be helpful to the members and visitors of the site. That too, can be sent via the form below. We look forward to you having the best experience possible during your time on the site and look forward to continued growth.
Now let’s meet the Web team!
Past Master Shawnta D. Best 33°, KYCH
Worshipful Grand Webmaster
Brother Shawnta D. Best, a Stantonsburg, North Carolina native who has always had a passion for Business Administration and Technology; was educated in the Greene County Public School System; where he excelled and lettered in several varsity sports. Academically following his passions in business career prep path, Shawnta was a member of the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and Applied Electronics Curriculum. Which lead him to pursue a secondary education after High School Graduation at the Historic Livingstone College in Sailsbury, NC; where he majored in Business Administration with a minor in Applied Computer Systems. He also hold many other certifications such as being a commissioned Notary Public for the State of North Carolina, Advanced Leadership Managerial Training, Advanced Financial Systems Training with a concentration in Financial Accounting and Valuing Diversity Training through the BB&T University Training Center a division of Wake Forest University.
Shawnta has been employed for the last 19 years at BB&T (Branch Banking & Trust Corporation) Operations Division in Wilson, NC. His passion and training gave him experience as a Mainframe High Speed Printer (IBM) Operator responsible for the programing and printing of all financial documents for the corporation, which lead him to being promoted to Operations Division Production Coordinator, managing the daily operations division wide.
He is a member of Paul’s Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church where he serves as the IT Administrator, along with serving as IT Administrator for his local Lodge, Royal Heart #478 and the Grand Web Master for the MWPHGLNC. Shawnta also serves as Website Administrator for the Prince Hall York Rite Website of NC.
Past Master Best is also a father and husband, married to Past Matron Aretha Best, Past District Grand Lecturer of District 23 NCGCOES.Which they have 5 children Shanaysia, Shantell, Shamya, Christy and Michael and 3 grands De’Andre, Christopher (CJ) and Makayla.
Shawnta’s Masonic Resume’:
- Past Master – Royal Heart Lodge #478 (2004-2007)
- Past Patron – Eureka Chapter #480 OES (2003-2006)
- Past Most Excellent High Priest – Ulis N. Dawson Chapter #83 HRAM (2010-2011)
- Past Thrice Illustrious Master – Menelik Council #4 R&SM (2015)
- Past Eminent Commander – Trinity Commandery #17 KT (2011-2012)
- KYCH, Tarheel Priory #10 (Knights of the York Cross of Honour 2016)
- Illustrious 1st Lt. Commander – C.A. Whitehead Consistory #188 AASR (2012 -2017)
- Grand Inspector General (33°) – J. B. Henderson Class of 2013 Greensboro, NC
- President of the C. A. Whitehead Commanders of the Rite (2016- )
- Past Illustrious Potentate – Mizpah Temple #66 AEAONMS (2014-2015)
- Advisor- LeRoy Evans Council #108 KOP (2001- )
- Coastal Regional Director KOP (2016- )
- Past Deputy Grand Secretary MWPHGLNC (2012-2016)
- Illustrious Grand Recording Secretary DGWACOD (2017- )
- Deputy Grand Secretary & Grand Ambassador At Large MEGCHRAMNC (2017- )
- Asst. Grand Secretary & Grand Trustee PHGCRSMNC (2016- )
- Eminent Grand Recorder Tarheel Grand Commandery KT (2017- )
- Imperial Ambassador At Large AEAONMS (2016- )
- Elected Secretary for the Mid Atlantic Conference of Grand Masters (NC, SC, VA, DC, MD & WV)
Past Master Timothy D. Wilson, DDGM14
Brother Timothy D. Wilson, a Brooklyn, New York native who as an adolescent, developed a passion for technology. That passion transformed into becoming an Advance Electronics Technician and Micro-component Solderer in the United States Navy and later, a Robot and Touchscreen Programmer while employed at SONY Electronics in Rancho Bernardo, California.
While serving in the United States Navy, Tim’s focus on technology began to incorporate another area of technology…Computers. Knowing nothing about them, he would spend several hours teaching himself how computers worked to the point of being able to troubleshoot and resolve complicated issues. He attributes that ability to the electronics training he received in the U.S. Navy.
In the now 27 years of being a Technology Specialist, Tim has owned two IT businesses and has served hundreds of clients from California to North Carolina where he currently resides. His passion for technology have elevated to a level beyond the unknown. Just like the morals and values instilled in him by his mother is part of his fabric, so is his desire and passion for technology.
He is the owner of Transparent Technologies, LLC and serves as District Deputy Grand Master of the 14th Masonic District, Webmaster and IT of the Grand Chapter OES, MWPHGLNC Website Developer, COD NC (TN) Web Team, and a member of the Tar Heel Grand Commandery Web Team.
With experience in web development and troubleshooting Drupal and WordPress platforms, he has become a valuable asset to the teams to which he is a member. He’s a team player and believes in helping people to the length allowed.
He is the husband of Grand District Lecturer 14 OES, Anitra Wilson and father to Gayle, Shalequa, Timothy and Shontoya. He’s also the “G-Pops” to Brian, Diamond, Clover (preceded in death), and Jayden.
Tim’s Masonic (PHA) resume:
- Past Master – Tyre Lodge No. 60
- Illustrious First Lieutenant – Cape Fear Consistory No. 263
- Worthy Patron – Golden Jewel Chapter #71, OES
- Excellent High Priest – Mt. Moriah Chapter UD, Holy Royal Arch Masons
- Member – Menelik Council #4, Royal and Select Masters
- Member – Trinity Commandery #17, Knights Templar PHA
- District Deputy Grand Master – 14th Masonic District (Sampson & Duplin counties)
Submit your feedback here: